About this service
POW Nottingham Ltd is a non-profit, voluntary organisation supporting the rights of sex workers and those at risk of being exploited. POW recognises and supports the rights of individual sex workers to self-determination. This includes the right to remain in or leave sex work. POW aims to empower our diverse community, focusing on ending violence and stigma through education, advocacy and peer support.
Services include –
- 1-2-1 support sessions
- Free harm minimisation supplies (condoms, lubricant, foil, rape alarms etc.)
- Advice on staying safe while working
- National Ugly Mug information
- Benefits, welfare and debt advice
- Housing support and advice
- Clothes bank
- Showering and laundry services
- Access to a confidential space to discuss emotional wellbeing with one of our drop-in workers
- Free access to the internet in our computer room
- Needle exchange
- Advice on progression, education and training
- Specialist clinics (sexual health, drugs, physiotherapy etc.) Advocacy
- Referral for counselling services
- Contraception advice
Please note: These times may vary according to client demands.
Referral (how to access this service)
Self or via other agency. Drop in.
Catchment (areas they serve)