Talk to Frank - Honest information about drugs

Horton Housing - STARS

About this service

STARS provides temporary accommodation and a support service for single, homeless people (aged 16 and over) in recovery from alcohol or drug use. We have 15 self-contained single person properties in various locations across Calderdale and Kirklees.

Each resident has their own bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom; some properties have a study space. All properties are fully furnished and equipped. Support workers visit the properties twice a week (depending on the clients’ needs) and offer housing-related support. Staff work with residents to develop independent living skills, find move-on accommodation and support with accessing drug or alcohol treatment programmes.

Residents moving on from the service are expected to maintain an independent, substance free, positive lifestyle.

Referral (how to access this service)

Self referral, or via other agency.

Catchment (areas they serve)

Calderdale & Kirklees


13 Cartrwright Court, Bradley Business Park, Dyson Wood Way, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD2 1GN
View on Google Maps
External link

Opening times

Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.

Get in touch

Help and advice

What to do in an emergency

If you or someone else needs urgent help after taking drugs or drinking, call 999 for an ambulance. Tell the crew everything you know. It could save their life.

What else to do in an emergency