Talk to Frank - Honest information about drugs

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services - City and Hackney

About this service

CAMHS is an NHS service for children, young people and their families, where there are concerns about emotional well-being, behaviour and mental health.

We know that talking about problems and worries can sometimes be difficult. CAMHS work involves listening, talking and thinking together, about what is going on and what might help. CAMHS staff teams are made up of different professionals who all recognise the importance of friendly and non-judgemental support.

First Steps service aims to help with difficulties relating to behaviour, emotions and relationships and try to tackle issues early on, before they become severe or too difficult to manage.

Specialist CAMHS work is mostly with children, young people and families where there are also family and community stressors: including educational difficulties, offending behaviours, abuse and neglect, trauma, attachment difficulties, parenting difficulties, self-harm and substance-misuse problems.

Referral (how to access this service)

First Steps referral - Self referral or via other professional agency. First Steps are unable to work with families who are currently working with Children’s Social Care. If you have concerns about your child’s emotions, behaviour or relationships, please discuss these with your Social Worker and they will be able to organise support for you.

Specialist CAMHS referral - Young people who are 16 years or over and have already accessed the service within the last year can self-refer. Referrals can also be made by a professional supporting you such as your GP, Family Support Practitioner, Health Visitor, School Staff or Social Worker. Please ask the professional to complete a referral form on your behalf.

Catchment (areas they serve)

City & Hackney


Hackney ARK, Downs Park Road, London, Greater London, E8 2FP
View on Google Maps
External link

Opening times

Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm

Get in touch

Help and advice

What to do in an emergency

If you or someone else needs urgent help after taking drugs or drinking, call 999 for an ambulance. Tell the crew everything you know. It could save their life.

What else to do in an emergency