A Mexican plant with leaves containing psychoactive chemicals that produce hallucinations when chewed or smoked
How the drug works varies from person to person
- How you might feel
- Mild hallucinations at low doses. High doses can bring on dramatic time distortions and frightening hallucinations.
- Read more about how it feels
- Effects on your body
- Throat and lung irritation. Dizziness and nausea. Could trigger a psychotic episode if someone is already experiencing mental health problems.
- Read more about effects on your body
- How long it takes to work
- Instant if smoked. 5-10 minutes if chewed.
- Read more about how long it takes to work
- How long the effects last
- About 20 minutes if smoked and up to 2 hours if chewed.
- Read more about how long the effects last
- Common risks
- You might do something that could put you at risk when under the influence. Not known to be addictive.
- Read more about the risks
- Mixing drugs
- Mixing drugs is always risky but some mixtures are more dangerous than others.
- Read more about mixing with other drugs
Was this information useful?