NOS is a colourless gas sold in canisters, usually inhaled using a balloon.
How the drug works varies from person to person
- How you might feel
- Relaxed, giggly, sound distortions and/or dizzy, anxious, paranoid.
- Read more about how it feels
- Effects on your body
- Can give you a headache and/or stop you thinking straight.
- Read more about effects on your body
- How long it takes to work
- Usually immediately.
- Read more about how long it takes to work
- How long the effects last
- 1 - 2 mins on average.
- Read more about how long the effects last
- Common risks
- It’s more dangerous inhaling directly from the canister. It can be hard to judge how many balloons to use. Too much nitrous oxide can make you faint, lose consciousness, or suffocate.
- Read more about the risks
- Mixing drugs
- Mixing drugs is always risky but some mixtures are more dangerous than others.
- Read more about mixing with other drugs
Was this information useful?