Benzodiazepines are prescription drugs used to treat anxiety. ‘Street benzos’ are illicit drugs that are similar but can be far more dangerous.
How the drug works varies from person to person
- How you might feel
- Sleepy, relaxed, calm and or confused, and disorientated.
- Read more about how it feels
- Effects on your body
- Could make you unsteady on your feet, have slower reflexes.
- Read more about effects on your body
- How long it takes to work
- Depending on the type of benzo, takes around 30 mins.
- Read more about how long it takes to work
- How long the effects last
- Around 1-4 hours depending on type of benzo taken.
- Read more about how long the effects last
- Common risks
- Taking benzos can make you drowsy, dizzy and sometimes aggressive. Taking benzos with alcohol is dangerous because this is two sedatives actively mixing together.
- Read more about the risks
- Mixing drugs
- Mixing drugs is always risky but some mixtures are more dangerous than others.
- Read more about mixing with other drugs
Was this information useful?