Swanswell Alcohol and Drug Recovery Service
About this service
Swanswell are a specialist organisation that provides support and services to over 18s who wish to change their drug and/or alcohol use. They deliver services from their main hub in Newbury and a number of community locations (including GP surgeries) across the West Berkshire area.
Swanswell offer a range of services to help address drug and alcohol problems tailored to the needs of each person, including:
- access to substitute prescribing/anti-craving medication
- access to community/inpatient detoxification
- drop-in clinics in Newbury
- one to one support
- support in a group, including families and carers groups
- advice on reducing harm, including a needle syringe programme
- referral for residential rehabilitation
- healthcare advice and information
- help to access housing, employment, training and benefits
- access to sexual health screening and testing
- putting you in touch with other agencies who may be to help
We also offer support to anyone whose substance misuse has led to their being involved in the criminal justice system.
Referral (how to access this service)
Service users can self-refer via the online referral form. Alternatively, service users can drop in, get in touch by phone, or be referred from a professional. Or any other way that they feel comfortable coming to us for help.
Catchment (areas they serve)
We can provide support, advice and referral for residents of West Berkshire (aged 18+) with a drug or alcohol issue.