Talk to Frank - Honest information about drugs

Northumbria CRC - Arrest, Referral and Resettlement

About this service

Northumbria CRC is responsible for delivering drug and alcohol treatment requirement programmes and "Through the Gate" resettlement services in the Northumbria area.

The drug rehabilitation requirement (DRR) is for offenders with serious drug abuse problems and offending behaviour linked to these problems. The aim is to help offenders achieve a drug and crime free lifestyle. Offenders complete a full programme of activities based around their drug misuse and lifestyle related issues.

The alcohol treatment requirement (ATR) is for offenders who have a serious alcohol dependency or whose alcohol misuse is a contributing factor in their offending, particularly where the offence involves violence. The aim is to reduce or eliminate the offender’s dependency on alcohol. Offenders complete a full programme of activities based around their alcohol abuse and associated behaviour.

The resettlement service creates a resettlement plan for offenders prior to their release.

This can include:

  • support in finding suitable accommodation
  • advice on managing money, benefits & debt
  • help with getting ready for work and finding employment
  • support for individuals who are or have been a sex worker
  • support for individuals who are a victim of domestic violence
  • other support the individual might need, for example managing drug or alcohol abuse

The resettlement workers liaise with the offender's responsible officer and the relevant supply chain providers to ensure everything is in place for the offender's release, to ensure they receive the support they need in the community.

Referral (how to access this service)

Self referral or via other agency (criminal justice, police)

Catchment (areas they serve)



Cragside House, Heaton Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE6 1SE
View on Google Maps
External link

Opening times

Contact for details

Get in touch

Concerned about...

Help and advice

What to do in an emergency

If you or someone else needs urgent help after taking drugs or drinking, call 999 for an ambulance. Tell the crew everything you know. It could save their life.

What else to do in an emergency