Humankind - Platform Gateshead Young People's Substance Misuse
About this service
Platform Gateshead allows young people to make an informed choice about their lifestyle regarding substance and alcohol use.
- Early intervention and prevention support to reduce substance misuse
- Harm reduction education and awareness to ensure the safety of young people
- Family interventions such as family conferences and family support groups to improve families relationships
- Health assessments and smoking cessation to improve health and wellbeing
- Information, advice and practical support to young people, parents/carers and others
- Support to reduce wider risk taking behaviour such as sexual exploitation and self-harm
Platform Gateshead focuses upon building on positives and strengths to enable all young people to be healthy, stay safe and raise aspirations.
Referral (how to access this service)
Self referral or via other agency
Catchment (areas they serve)