EDP - Christchurch Drug & Alcohol Advisory Service
About this service
EDP provides a free and confidential advice and information service to drug and alcohol users, their families, partners, carers and other agencies in Dorset. You can call us on the phone, drop in to one of our clinics during opening hours, join a group or discuss concerns with one of our trained staff members over the phone. Offers:
- Advice and information for individuals worried about their drug and alcohol use; Information and advice for professionals working with substance misusers.
- Harm reduction advice on safer injecting, wound care, overdose prevention and more; Needle exchange and free paraphernalia (vit c and citric, swabs, bins etc).
- Access to blood borne virus (BBV) testing, advise information and referral to counselling.
- Help with looking after your general health (Including safer sex, alcohol misuse, nutrition etc) and give support and advice for families, friends or carers of service users.
- Free acupuncture sessions for help with cravings for stimulants, anxiety and more.
- Groups for preparation for change and relapse prevention.
Referral (how to access this service)
Self - Contact during opening hours, or leave a message and someone will get in touch. Through your GP and other health professionals or agencies.
Catchment (areas they serve)