Catch 22 - Basingstoke Substance Misuse Support
About this service
We are a county-wide community engagement treatment service offering specialist substance misuse treatment to young people under 18-years-old and targeted substance misuse interventions and support for young people aged 11 to 16-years-old within educational settings. Young people receive confidential and non-judgemental support regarding the use of drugs and alcohol, to enable informed choice and the reduction of associated harm. The service is multi-professional with a dedicated substance misuse practitioner based within every district in Hampshire, supported by social work qualified and clinical leads.
- 24/7 emergency crisis line for young people: 0800 599 9591
- specialist harm reduction services
- individual tailored care plans and assessments
- family support
- access to prescribing and needle exchange
- auricular acupuncture
- art therapeutic interventions
- one to one and group interventions within educational settings
- support within the community
- partnership working with agencies in Hampshire.
Where there is identified vulnerability and complex need, consultation is offered with a Consultant Psychiatrist, in partnership with Sussex NHS Foundation Trust.
Referral (how to access this service)
Referrals are received from the Youth Offending Team and other agencies, and there are formalised joint working arrangements in place with the local secure children’s home. You can also make a referral using forms available online.
Referrals for the specialist treatment service can be made by professionals, parents and carers, and directly from young people themselves. Referrals for the targeted service can only be made by school based staff.
Catchment (areas they serve)