Bolton Harm Reduction Service
About this service
The Harm Reduction Service aims to work with individuals and their families to help reduce the harm that drug or alcohol misuse may cause. We offer brief advice and information on how, if you choose to drink and take drugs, you can do so whilst minimising the risk of any harm. We also provide you with all the advice and information about the risks associated with drinking alcohol and taking drugs.
- Needle Exchange
- Overdose education and prevention
- Safer injecting advice and education
- Advice on the effects and risks of a range of substances including heroin, crack, cocaine, alcohol, steroids and other performance and image enhancing drugs, legal highs and other club drugs
- Specialist workers who provide detailed advice, information and education about steroids and other performance and image enhancing drugs
- Advice and supported access to Blood Borne Virus testing for Hepatitis C and HIV, and vaccinations for - Hepatitis A and B, and Tetanus
- Advice and information for housing and benefit related issues
- Supported referral into SPAA for structured treatment
- Alcohol consumption moderation programmes
Referral (how to access this service)
Self referral or via other agency.
Catchment (areas they serve)