Alcohol Service - Sheffield Treatment and Recovery Team
About this service
Sheffield Alcohol Services provide treatment to assist in reducing alcohol intake, or to become abstinent.
Individuals experiencing any problem with their alcohol use can self refer or be referred with consent by family/friend or any professional to the Open Access Team. Where appropriate, the Open Access Team will refer to the Alcohol Service. Treatment in the Alcohol Service can include:
- Comprehensive assessment to identify need, including physical and mental health and risk.
- Advice in relation to intoxication and the risk of overdose.
- Help to understand the consequence of alcohol intake on mental and physical wellbeing.
- Prescribed medication.
- 6 to 12 week packages of psychosocial interventions or ‗talking therapies‘.
- Support through special recovery clinics.
- Detox programmes – community and in-patient.
- Referral for full needs assessment for access to residential rehabilitation.
- Facilitated access to mutual aid and other recovery activities.
Referral (how to access this service)
Anybody can refer to Matilda St - you can do this for yourself if you need help. You can do it for someone else if they are happy for you to do so.
Catchment (areas they serve)